Buying a holiday static caravan: what you need to considerYou can view holiday homes at all of our parks
Initial costs of buying a NEW holiday static caravan or lodge:
We offer a good deal because we sell new caravans at the manufacturers recommended retail price with minimal additional costs. There are further costs when you purchase a caravan:
- Siting of caravan
- Connecting services – Water, Electricity, Bottled Gas and Sewage
The park manager will discuss these purchase costs with you, along with ongoing costs (below):
- Bottled Gas
Initial costs of buying a SECOND HAND caravan
- Pay for the caravan
- There is no transport, siting or connection fee to pay as the caravan should already be on a pitch.
Every year you will have to pay ongoing costs for:
- Bottled gas
Optional extras (available for sale at the park):
- Paving slabs
- Storage cabinets
- Frost precautions – to drain down and disconnect your caravan for the winter and reconnect for the next season.
- The parks are for static caravan homes and lodges occupied for holiday use only
- Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times. We do not allow pets in our hire caravans and chalets
- Winter licenses available on application. Please contact Head Office (Holdens) for further information
- Touring Caravans and Camping is only at Honeybridge.
Lodge costs are higher because …
Lodges are twice the size of a caravan and come in two sections which have to be assembled.
Deposit required …
The deposit will be discussed between the buyer and the park manager.
Manufacturers warranty on caravans …
All caravans are covered by at least a 1 year warranty. Some manufacturers offer a 3 year warranty.
Buying a different caravan from those currently sited on the park …
You can choose any static caravan or lodge made by any of the main manufacturers.
Choosing my own pitch …
If you are buying a new caravan, you should be able to choose from the available empty pitches on the park, providing the caravan will fit on the pitch.
Reserving a pitch …
We allow customers to reserve a particular pitch, while they are deciding which caravan to buy. We will ask you to pay a non-returnable deposit.
Buying a second hand caravan direct from the existing owner on our parks …
Sorry, you cannot do this.